Call for entries for Carbondale’s Art aRound Town
December 19, 2014
The Carbondale Public Arts Commission (CPAC) is seeking entries for the 2015 Art aRound Town sculpture installation.
The entry deadline is Feb. 15. Selected sculptors will be notified by the end of March.
Since 2002, CPAC has sponsored the Art aRound Town program, which selects 14 new sculptures annually to be installed throughout the downtown core area of Carbondale. The sculptures remain on display for one year.
A jury selects the sculptures from entries that are submitted from artists across the country. The selected artists receive a $500 honorarium to help with travel and installation expenses. During the year a "Best of Show" is selected, with the artist receiving a $1,000 award. Over the years, sculptures have been purchased by locals and tourists, as well as by the commission, to be added to the Carbondale Town Collection.
The annual exhibition receives high acknowledgment due to Carbondale's recognition as an artists' mecca. Carbondale was recently accepted as one of Colorado's Cultural Districts.
Applications are available at www. callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.
Recommended Stories For You
Installation of the selected sculptures will be during the first week of June 2015 and remain on site through May 2016.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Aspen Words director Adrienne Brodeur to publish memoir
- Popular Aspen sushi restaurant Kenichi coming to Carbondale
- Food & Wine Classic: New Aspen restaurants open in flurry of offseason activity
- Another Green World: Aspen Award for Art recipient Gabriel Orozco at the Aspen Art Museum
- John Oates’ memoir, ‘Change of Seasons,’ recalls his rebirth in Aspen
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson