Call for entries for Carbondale’s Art aRound Town
December 19, 2014
The Carbondale Public Arts Commission (CPAC) is seeking entries for the 2015 Art aRound Town sculpture installation.
The entry deadline is Feb. 15. Selected sculptors will be notified by the end of March.
Since 2002, CPAC has sponsored the Art aRound Town program, which selects 14 new sculptures annually to be installed throughout the downtown core area of Carbondale. The sculptures remain on display for one year.
A jury selects the sculptures from entries that are submitted from artists across the country. The selected artists receive a $500 honorarium to help with travel and installation expenses. During the year a "Best of Show" is selected, with the artist receiving a $1,000 award. Over the years, sculptures have been purchased by locals and tourists, as well as by the commission, to be added to the Carbondale Town Collection.
The annual exhibition receives high acknowledgment due to Carbondale's recognition as an artists' mecca. Carbondale was recently accepted as one of Colorado's Cultural Districts.
Applications are available at www. callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.
Recommended Stories For You
Installation of the selected sculptures will be during the first week of June 2015 and remain on site through May 2016.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone