ArtCrush gala raises $2.8 million for Aspen Art Museum
August 9, 2017
The Aspen Art Museum's 13th annual ArtCrush summer gala raised $2.8 million over the weekend through an evening of live and silent auctions, the museum announced Tuesday.
The gala and related events drew more than 600 supporters throughout the week.
ArtCrush, the main event on Friday, Aug. 4 was hosted by the museum's community partner, Aspen Skiing Co., at Buttermilk Ski Area. It featured the presentation of the Aspen Award for Art to 2017 honoree Lawrence Weiner. An iconic figure in contemporary art, Weiner began the week's celebrations with a public conversation in the museum's rooftop sculpture garden with museum director Heidi Zuckerman. ArtCrush concluded with AfterPartyCrush at Belly Up Aspen.
Additional events includes WineCrush, PreviewCrush and PreviewExtra. All of the fundraisers supported the museum's curatorial and educational programming.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified