ArtCrush gala raises $2.8 million for Aspen Art Museum
August 9, 2017
The Aspen Art Museum's 13th annual ArtCrush summer gala raised $2.8 million over the weekend through an evening of live and silent auctions, the museum announced Tuesday.
The gala and related events drew more than 600 supporters throughout the week.
ArtCrush, the main event on Friday, Aug. 4 was hosted by the museum's community partner, Aspen Skiing Co., at Buttermilk Ski Area. It featured the presentation of the Aspen Award for Art to 2017 honoree Lawrence Weiner. An iconic figure in contemporary art, Weiner began the week's celebrations with a public conversation in the museum's rooftop sculpture garden with museum director Heidi Zuckerman. ArtCrush concluded with AfterPartyCrush at Belly Up Aspen.
Additional events includes WineCrush, PreviewCrush and PreviewExtra. All of the fundraisers supported the museum's curatorial and educational programming.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Aspen Words director Adrienne Brodeur to publish memoir
- Popular Aspen sushi restaurant Kenichi coming to Carbondale
- Book review: ‘Fully Body Burden: Growing Up in the Nuclear Shadow of Rocky Flats,’ by Kristen Iverson
- Food & Wine Classic: New Aspen restaurants open in flurry of offseason activity
- Jazz Aspen Labor Day: Duran Duran’s John Taylor, still ‘Hungry’
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change