Give Where You Live – AVH Foundation
December 6, 2016
Written by Deborah Breen, President & CEO Aspen Valley Hospital Foundation
Aspen Valley Hospital Foundation participates in Colorado Gives Day
In this season of giving thanks, Aspen Valley Hospital Foundation is grateful to everyone who has helped us reach the $38.3 million mark on our $60 million capital campaign. This year, more than ever, we need your continued support to complete the final phases of construction and bring this quality-of-life project to full fruition.
The extraordinary master facilities plan, a plan that was developed over a decade ago, encompasses the kind of progressive thinking that has been the hallmark of Aspen Valley Hospital. Once completed, every area will be located in new or newly renovated space. This strategic and comprehensive plan allows care to be delivered in modernized space that offers heightened privacy, comfort, and efficiency, and balances the high-tech and high-touch needs of our patients and their loved ones.
Phases I & II have already been completed and include the Aspen Birth Center, the Evelyn H. Lauder Patient Care Pavilion, physical/occupational/hydro therapies, and the cardiac rehabilitation center (including the Judy and Joe Zanin Healthy Cooking Kitchen). Enhancements were made to add comfort and amenities for patients and their families including a new food services department, café, gift shop, and a 216-space parking pavilion.
In November 2016, Phase IIIA was completed, bringing the community The Resnick Family Emergency Department, trauma treatment suite, rooftop helipad, diagnostic imaging, and new operating suites. Phase IIIB, scheduled to open by Summer 2017, will include a new laboratory, women's imaging, oncology and infusion, and The Aresty Family Reflective Garden, among other areas. Once Phase III is complete, the plan is to move seamlessly into the final phase of construction, which will include the Renée and Lester Crown Center for Specialty Care, the Susan and Morton Gurrentz Gallery and a central atrium and waiting area.
Recommended Stories For You
Much of this work could not have been completed without the help of generous community members, but there is still a great need for philanthropic support. To make a donation through Colorado Gives Day, go to mountainwestgives.org. For more information, contact AVH Foundation at (970) 544-1302 or supportaspenvalleyhospital.org.
Trending In: AVHF
- Aspen Valley Hospital partners with #1 ranked Hospital for Special Surgery
- New facilities at Aspen Valley Hospital translates to new specialists
- AVHF hosts grand opening of The Marian and Ralph Melville Oncology and Infusion Center
- Aspen Valley Hospital manages over 8,000 ER visits annually
- Support Aspen Valley Hospital at Summer Polo Event
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility