Aspen Valley Hospital puts patient care first
November 2, 2015
Deborah Breen, President & CEO Aspen Valley Hospital Foundation
Aspen Valley Hospital (AVH) strives to ensure that our patients are always the central focus. From how they and their family members are greeted when they first walk in the door, to the instructions we give at discharge, AVH is committed to providing the best care possible.
For nearly 125 years, Aspen Valley Hospital has been a central part of the community. From the early days of caring for the silver miners, to today serving as a critical access hospital that manages over 75,000 patients encounters annually, AVH is focused on providing the very best care possible. We know that our services are built not only on tradition, but also on trust.
The kinds of cases that enter through our doors everyday are sometimes life-threatening and always life-changing. When you look at how diverse the hospital is in terms of specialty services, the clinical talent we are able to attract and the technology we have in place, our community can feel very good about the care that is delivered here.
Focusing on the patient is also a central theme in our strategic planning process. A planning retreat was held just a couple of weeks ago with participants from the hospital board, the foundation board, our medical staff and administration. It was clear throughout that process that the patient remains highly visible within each strategic objective. In everything we do, we ask the question: "How does that benefit our patients?"
Recommended Stories For You
That kind of across-the-board commitment to quality patient care is clearly showing. In fact, as you measure the hospital against national and regional benchmarks, AVH continues to receive high scores and high praise. Highlighted below is just a few that point to a hospital that truly puts the patient first.
Quality Measures that point to Quality Care:
- Five-Star Rating by Medicare
- HCAHPS Overall Rating 97th Percentile
- "Best Performer, Overall Rating" for small hospital inpatient care by Avatar Solutions
- "Guardian of Quality" Award from Press Ganey
- Post Surgical Infection Rates holding at less than 1% – far below national average of 5%
- Top 20 Critical Access Hospital for Financial Performance – National Rural Hospital Association
- Baa2 bond rating by Moody's Investors Service
Aspen Valley Hospital wants to be your hospital of choice. The place where you
know the physicians, you know the clinical quality, you know the caregivers and you know you can feel comfortable and confident that your care will be delivered in an environment that is safe, efficient and effective.
Stay tuned for next week's Construction Corner to get the latest updates on AVH, the campaign and other newsworthy topics!
Trending In: AVHF
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft