Man found dead at Maroon Bells was Fort Carson soldier
May 31, 2017
A man found dead Saturday morning near the Maroon Bells was a Fort Carson soldier, post spokeswoman Dani Johnson confirmed Tuesday.
A hiker on his way to climb the Bell Cord found the body of Jeffrey Bushroe, 27, of Tucson, Arizona, about 7 a.m. Saturday near Crater Lake. The cause of death has not been announced.
Bushroe had "several visible injuries to his head and leg," the Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office told The Aspen Times.
Read the full story at Gazette.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Coroner: Pennsylvania hiker cause of death altitude sickness
- Carbondale educator killed in crash that also injured state trooper
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Rare lynx that caused social media stir found dead
- VIDEO: Big air skier expected to leave hospital soon after frightening crash at X Games