I-70 update: EB closed from Silverthorne to Georgetown, WB open Copper to Vail
January 10, 2017
Update, 12:45 p.m.: Open I-70 Westbound MM 195, at Copper Mountain following avalanche reduction. I-70 EB MM 176, Vail remains closed. No estimated time of reopening.
CDOT reports avalanche mitigation work brought down a 150-foot-wide, 10-foot-deep slide west of the tunnel on I-70. I-70 is closed in both directions at this time while crews work to clean up the slide area.
I-70 is closed in both directions at this time while crews work to clean up the slide area. No ETO at this time. The westbound closure is at Exit 228 Georgetown and eastbound is at Exit 205/Silverthorne. CMV traveling westbound are being diverted to Exit 133/Dotsero truck parking
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Trending
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- VIDEO: Big air skier expected to leave hospital soon after frightening crash at X Games
- CorePower Yoga founder Trevor Tice died from self-inflicted head injury
- Skier injured on intermediate run at Vail sues “negligent” snowboarder
- Whole Foods to close 9 stores, including 2 in Colorado