I-70 update: EB closed from Silverthorne to Georgetown, WB open Copper to Vail
January 10, 2017
Update, 12:45 p.m.: Open I-70 Westbound MM 195, at Copper Mountain following avalanche reduction. I-70 EB MM 176, Vail remains closed. No estimated time of reopening.
CDOT reports avalanche mitigation work brought down a 150-foot-wide, 10-foot-deep slide west of the tunnel on I-70. I-70 is closed in both directions at this time while crews work to clean up the slide area.
I-70 is closed in both directions at this time while crews work to clean up the slide area. No ETO at this time. The westbound closure is at Exit 228 Georgetown and eastbound is at Exit 205/Silverthorne. CMV traveling westbound are being diverted to Exit 133/Dotsero truck parking
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Vail Valley woman identified in fatal Colorado River rafting accident
- Glenwood Springs teenager faces six counts, including vehicular homicide, in Carbondale crash
- Carbondale police name suspects in armed robbery
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife moving forward with plan to kill bears, mountain lions as part of declining mule deer population study
- Brush Creek Saloon in Eagle will increase security in wake of attack on bartender
- Aspen man drives Mercedes into fence, water valve near Wheeler Opera House
- Joan Wingate
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat female bartender to death at closing time
- Mark Hunt tenants in prominent Aspen buildings play waiting game