I-70 update: EB closed from Silverthorne to Georgetown, WB open Copper to Vail
January 10, 2017
Update, 12:45 p.m.: Open I-70 Westbound MM 195, at Copper Mountain following avalanche reduction. I-70 EB MM 176, Vail remains closed. No estimated time of reopening.
CDOT reports avalanche mitigation work brought down a 150-foot-wide, 10-foot-deep slide west of the tunnel on I-70. I-70 is closed in both directions at this time while crews work to clean up the slide area.
I-70 is closed in both directions at this time while crews work to clean up the slide area. No ETO at this time. The westbound closure is at Exit 228 Georgetown and eastbound is at Exit 205/Silverthorne. CMV traveling westbound are being diverted to Exit 133/Dotsero truck parking
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Trending
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- Update: Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Stolen nitrous oxide cylinders from Craig Airgas found in dead man’s Eagle County storage shed
- BREAKING: 12-year-old boy died after skiing accident at Breckenridge Saturday
- Man who died at parking garage ran to his death