Snowboarder dies after crashing into tree at Eldora resort in Boulder County
The victim was an airman stationed at Buckley Air Force Base
March 8, 2017
An airman stationed at Buckley Air Force Base died in a snowboarding accident after hitting a tree Tuesday at Eldora Mountain Resort.
Members of the Eldora Mountain Resort Ski Patrol were notified of an injured rider on the Mule Shoe run, an expert run, according to the Boulder County Sheriff's Office. The downed rider, identified only as a 23-year-old man, was unconscious and not breathing. He was wearing a helmet at the time.
CPR was performed on the man, who was pronounced dead on scene by an on-duty emergency room doctor.
Read the full story in The Denver Post.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Rediscovered photos rekindle memories of Ted Bundy’s Vail victim
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says
- What’s the Big Deal: $11.25 million gets Castle Creek home outside of Aspen
- All Colorado counties will have Obamacare insurance plans in 2018
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife: Ethical shed hunting protects animals
- Peach’s Cafe to expand, Aspen Brewing Co., Overeasy eyeing new homes
- AVSC skier Margo McHugh prepares for FIS competition with new grant in hand
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Aspen Club to refinance, site visits continue with city
- Aspen artist Mulcahy to ask Supreme Court to hear housing case