Deal to sell SIA Snow Show to Emerald Expositions moves Denver closer to hosting Outdoor Retailer trade shows
$16.7 million deal would create “Outdoor Retailer Snow Show presented by SIA and OIA”
May 18, 2017
Snowsports Industries America, the group whose annual Snow Show trade show is booked in Denver through 2030, has reached an agreement to sell to Emerald Expositions, eliminating a final obstacle to Denver securing Emerald's lucrative and influential summer and winter Outdoor Retailer shows.
SIA on Thursday sent its more than 1,000 members a 16-page letter detailing the $16.7 million deal that the trade group's board unanimously approved last week. If members vote to approve the deal, the "Outdoor Retailer Snow Show" will debut in January in Denver, but future Outdoor Retailer shows in the Colorado Convention Center are still under negotiation.
SIA said the sale "ensures the best path for a vibrant, successful show." SIA has hosted the Snow Show for more than 50 years,
"Emerald has the ability to bring together the outdoor and snow sports industries under one roof. As many have pointed out, this is a natural evolution," reads the letter. "The two industries have much in common and the overlap is becoming increasingly more and more evident: sharing retailers, reps, manufacturing resources, supply chain management, sustainability endeavors and the end consumer."
Read the full story at http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/18/sia-snow-show-sold-denver-outdoor-retailer.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Main Headline
- Update: Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado officials propose changes to ski lift systems
- Deal to sell SIA Snow Show to Emerald Expositions moves Denver closer to hosting Outdoor Retailer trade shows
- Two dead in head-on crash on Colorado 13 north of Rifle
- Lake Tahoe: Deputy accidentally kills mother bear
- Aspen Mountain will open for skiing Memorial Day Weekend
- Nikos Hecht of Aspen cleared in federal civil suit alleging rape in Mexico
- Aspen senior breaks own state record, three-peats as 400-meter champion
- Hundreds brave chilly morning at Ride for the Pass
- Aspen’s Abarca wins first leg of triple crown, takes 3A 200-meter title