Littwin: Trump overshadows the Sanders-Clinton feud
May 21, 2016
Democrats are freaking out, which sounds about right. They were freaking out at exactly this time eight years ago.
You remember. Hillary Clinton was on the losing side then, and recriminations were running high. Clintonistas wouldn't vote for Barack Obama. Latinos wouldn't vote for Obama. Women wouldn't vote for Obama.
Except that they all did, and everyone lived happily ever after, if you can call the last eight years in any way happy.
In any case, this year it's Bernie who's losing. And it's the Bernie supporters who say they won't vote for Clinton or for any Democrat basically because the system is rigged and Clinton is a Wall Street tool and Nevada convention officials called for a voice vote when a roll call would have been so much fairer.
OK, history doesn't really repeat, although, as the saying goes, it does rhyme. And I'm going to pretty much guarantee – which is short of a guarantee, but it's in Nate Silver's 90 percent range — that these divisions, as ugly as they are, will heal.
Read the rest of this column at http://www.coloradoindependent.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Glenn K. Beaton: Will football follow the circus into oblivion?
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says
- Three generations of Aspen-Snowmass’ Stapleton family
- As baby boomers leave ski slopes, millennials are failing to fill in the gaps
- Justice Snow’s, city of Aspen in limbo