Volunteer to help biking community, win chance at mountain bike
May 19, 2017
Celebrate Colorado Public Lands Day this Saturday by building new singletrack in Carbondale!
Help complete a reroute of the top portion of the Blue Ribbon trail on Red Hill (a.k.a. Mushroom Rock). Red Hill Council is leading the charge on this project, Roaring Fork Mountain Bike Association coordinated the necessary environmental studies to achieve Bureau of Land Management approval and Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers is coordinating volunteer efforts on the ground for this event.
The new trail will meander through the shady pinyon pine and juniper forest with a dash of sage brush. Beginner trail volunteer workers are welcome.
In addition to the satisfaction of making a positive impact to the Roaring Fork Valley's awesome trail network, volunteers will earn a chance to win a brand new Cima TR-5 mountain bike from Ute City Cycles.
So come on out and join other like-minded trail lovers for a great time as well as a free dinner and refreshments Saturday from 8:30 to 5 p.m. Preregister at RFOV.org or call 970-927-8241.
Roaring Fork Mountain Bike Association vice chairman, Carbondale
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Deputy: Loose boulder caused Capitol Peak climber’s fall, death
- Grieving mom wants Aspen to confront youth drug addiction
- Man arrested after claiming to be former NFL player
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Perry leaves Skico to help launch affiliated ski company