Stop the midvalley development assault
May 7, 2017
If you live in the midvalley and love where you are, then please understand that it is under siege by greedy developers. The developers of the Tree Farm and the many other developments planned for midvalley attach affordable housing onto their plans hoping it will push their projects through to being acceptable. Three hundred and forty units is not acceptable, nor is the 1,200 other units sited for midvalley acceptable.
People who want affordable housing in one of the most expensive valleys in the country need to realize affordable is not affordable, no matter what the developers say. The burden of these developments is going to fall on Eagle County taxpayers, who will eventually be paying for added infrastructure, i.e. roads, water, sewage, police, fire and schools. We will lose our quality of life, be stuck in gridlock, breathe in carbon admissions, deal with road rage, noise pollution, light pollution and people pollution. Please contact the Eagle County commissioners by phone at 970-328-8605, fax at 970-328-8629 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen business owner crashes Maserati into truck in Colorado Springs, tries to flee on foot
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Wendy Mitchell: The backstory of Avalanche Cheese Co.’s pending closure
- Bank eyes Main St. building in Aspen for lodge rooms
- Tweet All About It: Even the coffee’s pricey in Aspen