Aspen Letter to the Editor: Post-election thoughts
January 14, 2017
Hearing the Democrats stretching to understand what they did so wrong that Trump got elected, I remember Jeb Bush inadvertently exposing Don's strategy. He told Trump that he could not insult his way to the presidency. Trump smiled, looked up, then left and right in an un-worded reply of "we'll see."
That is exactly what he did. He insulted his way to the presidency, aided by The Associated Press's drip, drip, drip of negative innuendo about Hillary. His base ate it up. Hillary still won the popular vote by almost 3 million and Democrats won 23 million more votes than Republicans in the Senate and House races with gerrymandering placing the Repugnitans in office instead. I guess liars do profit.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Man who died at parking garage ran to his death
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer found on scene of Blue Lake deaths
- What’s the Big Deal: $15 million for King Street home in Aspen
- Wonder what Basalt is thinking? Visit the barbershop
- Aspen Skiing Co. execs say ski resorts will retain independence after mega-deals