Aspen Letter to the Editor: Post-election thoughts
January 14, 2017
Hearing the Democrats stretching to understand what they did so wrong that Trump got elected, I remember Jeb Bush inadvertently exposing Don's strategy. He told Trump that he could not insult his way to the presidency. Trump smiled, looked up, then left and right in an un-worded reply of "we'll see."
That is exactly what he did. He insulted his way to the presidency, aided by The Associated Press's drip, drip, drip of negative innuendo about Hillary. His base ate it up. Hillary still won the popular vote by almost 3 million and Democrats won 23 million more votes than Republicans in the Senate and House races with gerrymandering placing the Repugnitans in office instead. I guess liars do profit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado cops search for poop-and-run jogger
- 27-unit housing project in Basalt will house teachers, workers in Pitkin County
- Aspen business owner crashes Maserati into truck in Colorado Springs, tries to flee on foot
- Aspen’s 20-year-old error leads to more development on Buttermilk parcel
- Study: use of AirBnB, other services for short-term rentals surging in Aspen