Millenials are MIA for marches
May 3, 2017
I marched for science on April 22 and for the climate on April 29. Looking around, I saw something disturbing — nothing but gray-haired, wrinkly skinned baby boomers. Where were the millennials? It's their future we were marching for. We're all going to be dead before we turn this planet into a smoldering cinder.
I'm sure the millennials think protest marches don't do any good. That's what the Germans thought in 1933. Just let this pass and everything will turn out OK. Fortunately, we boomers didn't think that way in the late '60s and early '70s, or we would still be at war in Southeast Asia.
Fred Malo Jr.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen business owner crashes Maserati into truck in Colorado Springs, tries to flee on foot
- 27-unit housing project in Basalt will house teachers, workers in Pitkin County
- Colorado cops search for poop-and-run jogger
- Aspen’s 20-year-old error leads to more development on Buttermilk parcel
- Study: use of AirBnB, other services for short-term rentals surging in Aspen