Letter: Guarantees needed at Base Village
January 12, 2016
The Snowmass Village Town Council and staff are working their butts off to get a final approval for Snowmass Acquisition Co., a shell of Related. Will the real owners of Base Village please stand up and give firm construction dates with security guarantees? If not, drop the current planned-unit-development ordinance and let lot by lot be built with zoning variances.
Look, Related could have finished (with changes) Buildings 7 and 8, as well as Viceroy II, years ago. But that is not its game plan. It wants a "paper" approval and hopes it can sell. Maybe to Dubai, which might like Base Village. It's sure in hell got the money, honey.
Richard C. Goodwin
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Colorado cops search for poop-and-run jogger
- 27-unit housing project in Basalt will house teachers, workers in Pitkin County
- Study: use of AirBnB, other services for short-term rentals surging in Aspen
- Colorado board seeks to sanction Aspen design firm owner
- Aspen School District eyes more ways to house teachers, staff