Art as medicine
February 15, 2017
As any Aspenites worth their minds, bodies, and spirits know, our valley's abundance of arts and culture does wonders for the soul.
But did you know that exposure to music, dance, and other artistic forms can have demonstrable benefits for patients suffering from Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and other disorders?
Elizabeth Auer of the University of Florida will explain this ground-breaking work tonight at the Limelight from 6 to 8 p.m. in conversation with Gena Buhler, executive director of the Wheeler Opera House. Local singer/songwriter Dan Sheridan will perform as part of the presentation.
Please consider attending to learn more about the healing powers of the arts.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Red Mountain home outside of Aspen nets $30 million
- Aspen candidates mull citizen’s proposal to open bus lanes to all vehicles
- Hotel Jerome work to last until next March
- Aspen mayoral candidate Lee Mulcahy high on cannabis meal
- NTSB concludes winds, pilot error led to fatal crash at Aspen-Pitkin County Airport