A vicious cycle
September 14, 2017
Mick Ireland is our local spokesperson on biking. He thinks it is OK to ride two abreast and hog the road. I faced this at a hairpin curve on Owl Creek Road. As I was passing the road hogs, when a bike path was 10 feet away, I almost had a head-on collision with a car coming the other way. I should have knocked the road-hog bikers off the road, but I stopped in time.
Bikers should have numbers on them so violators can be turned in. Why can't they use the million-dollar bike paths, Mick?
Richard C. Goodwin
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen business owner crashes Maserati into truck in Colorado Springs, tries to flee on foot
- Aspen’s 20-year-old error leads to more development on Buttermilk parcel
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- ‘Hyperloop One’ rail concept could cut Denver-to-Vail trip to 9 minutes
- 27-unit housing project in Basalt will house teachers, workers in Pitkin County