Letter: Schwartz protects our land
October 8, 2016
Outdoor recreation is a very important industry in Colorado and is based on the public lands.
I mountain bike, snowboard, run rivers and hunt on the Western Slope. There is no question that these activities and many others are the very reason for the strong economy on the Western Slope. These federal public lands of some 24 million acres are critical to the future of the state. I know that Gail Schwartz strongly supports maintaining these lands for all of the public, protection of key watersheds and wildlife habitat. She has my vote for the 3rd Congressional District.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Opinion
- Aspen Mountain will open for skiing Memorial Day weekend
- Pitkin sheriff: Feds “bullying” county over immigration stance
- LSD, drugs led to man’s death in Snowmass Base Village parking garage
- Aspen senior breaks own state record, three-peats as 400-meter champion
- LSD, other drugs led to man’s fall from Snowmass parking garage, autopsy states