Letter: Schwartz protects our land
October 8, 2016
Outdoor recreation is a very important industry in Colorado and is based on the public lands.
I mountain bike, snowboard, run rivers and hunt on the Western Slope. There is no question that these activities and many others are the very reason for the strong economy on the Western Slope. These federal public lands of some 24 million acres are critical to the future of the state. I know that Gail Schwartz strongly supports maintaining these lands for all of the public, protection of key watersheds and wildlife habitat. She has my vote for the 3rd Congressional District.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Section of old Grand Avenue bridge collapses during night work
- Afternoon gridlock hits Glenwood Springs as Grand Avenue bridge detour begins
- Evidence found in Aspen sewer leads to felony charges
- Dirt-biker flees Aspen cops, arrested for DUI
- VIDEO: Colorado Mountain College webcam captures Grand Ave. bridge collapse