Letter: RFTA comes through
October 19, 2016
It is not infrequent to hear complaints about the local bus service. But, as an 85-year-old blind man, it would be hard for me to say enough good things about the people at RFTA. They have a special program for the disabled that takes me and my faithful guide dog, Hercules, from my apartment to the hospital, doctor's office, etc., with 24-hour notice.
The wonderful thing is they are almost always right on time and are always polite and professional. I am amazed when the drivers tells me they have been with RFTA for 20 to 30 years. We are a fortunate city to have such a fine service.
Trending In: Opinion
- Red Mountain home outside of Aspen nets $30 million
- Aspen candidates mull citizen’s proposal to open bus lanes to all vehicles
- Hotel Jerome work to last until next March
- Aspen mayoral candidate Lee Mulcahy high on cannabis meal
- NTSB concludes winds, pilot error led to fatal crash at Aspen-Pitkin County Airport