Letter: RFTA comes through
October 19, 2016
It is not infrequent to hear complaints about the local bus service. But, as an 85-year-old blind man, it would be hard for me to say enough good things about the people at RFTA. They have a special program for the disabled that takes me and my faithful guide dog, Hercules, from my apartment to the hospital, doctor's office, etc., with 24-hour notice.
The wonderful thing is they are almost always right on time and are always polite and professional. I am amazed when the drivers tells me they have been with RFTA for 20 to 30 years. We are a fortunate city to have such a fine service.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Bad idea: Car backs into lake at Aspen Ideas Festival
- Eagle County commissioners approve Tree Farm project in El Jebel despite threat of litigation
- Glenn K. Beaton: Don’t fall for the college scam
- Aspen city council OKs new problem dog law
- Basalt council ponders $250,000 settlement with former manager Scanlon