Letter: Keeping Snowmass Village in check
October 19, 2016
I am running for mayor of Snowmass Village because the approvals for Base Village are full of holes. The most glaring is a lack of bonding (at 150 percent) on all public and private projects.
I was a builder and developer for 40 years, 5,000 residences, 15,000 building lots, three shopping centers and two country clubs. The new Base Village owners need to be watched carefully by an experienced developer in town.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Opinion
- Vagneur: We inadvertently steal our own water from ourselves
- Marolt: Treading water in camouflage and combat boots
- Aspen Princess: America has become its own reality show
- Andersen column: Go placidly amid the noise … Thanks, Max, for the timeless reminder
- Meredith C. Carroll: A canary on the Aspen City Council
- Nikos Hecht of Aspen cleared in federal civil suit alleging rape in Mexico
- Hundreds brave chilly morning at Ride for the Pass
- Aspen senior breaks own state record, three-peats as 400-meter champion
- Aspen’s Abarca wins first leg of triple crown, takes 3A 200-meter title
- Since Trump denies climate change, local government officials meet in Aspen to vow action