Letter: A golden opportunity for Basalt
October 18, 2016
Wow to the voters in Basalt and thanks to the Open Space boards of Pitkin and Eagle counties for pledging $800,000 to collectively help Basalt voters buy their very own beautiful Colorado riverfront piece of property right at the entrance to Basalt's Old Town Midland Avenue with lots of restaurants and shops and two hotels.
With this financial pledge, the Pan and Fork property would then only cost $1.1 million instead of $2.9 million when Basalt voters vote "yes" on question 2F to buy the property. What an opportunity to invest In Basalt.
Trending In: Opinion
- Man who died at parking garage ran to his death
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer found on scene of Blue Lake deaths
- What’s the Big Deal: $15 million for King Street home in Aspen
- Wonder what Basalt is thinking? Visit the barbershop
- Aspen Skiing Co. execs say ski resorts will retain independence after mega-deals