Aspen Times Weekly Libation: Maya Prickly Pear
June 12, 2016
1 1/2 oz. prickly pear-infused tequila
1 oz. house-made sour mix
1 oz. Grand Marnier
1/4 oz. simple syrup
Serve on the rocks with a salt rim and a lime wedge.
One of my all-time favorite offseason escapes is just a hop, skip and a jump from Aspen in Avon. Here, the Westin Riverfront has it all — including Maya, a very hip restaurant with a truly creative menu. And while the weather isn't always inviting on what's become a Mother's Day tradition, I never cease to be drawn to Maya's selection of margarita-inspired cocktails. This year, the Prickly Pear called my name. Made with prickly pear-infused tequila and served over ice, this was a sweet treat after a long day. And, for some reason I can't define by its ingredients, the Prickly Pear had a hint of coconut. Maybe it was my longing for the beach? Regardless, it made me savor another trip to Maya in summer, when I can enjoy a Prickly Pear on the outside deck.
Trending In: Weekly
- Nikos Hecht of Aspen cleared in federal civil suit alleging rape in Mexico
- Hundreds brave chilly morning at Ride for the Pass
- Aspen senior breaks own state record, three-peats as 400-meter champion
- Aspen’s Abarca wins first leg of triple crown, takes 3A 200-meter title
- Since Trump denies climate change, local government officials meet in Aspen to vow action