The X Files
January 27, 2014
What you need to know about this weekend’s Winter X Games.
• You can’t park at the main lot of Buttermilk ski area. Public transportation is available. Call the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority at 970-925-8484 for the bus schedule or visit http://www.rfta.com.
• Aspen’s open-container law not only applies to booze, but marijuana too. Additionally, alcohol consumption and pot smoking is prohibited at the X Games venue.
• Plenty of music is on tap this weekend at Wagner Park in downtown Aspen, with Phoenix performing at 5:15 p.m. Saturday and DJ Tiesto at 5:15 p.m. Sunday. Opening acts start at 4 p.m. each day. Tickets are $30 and can be bought at http://www.bellyupaspen.com/xgames.
• The XFest village, located at the base of Buttermilk, will have product demos, giveaways, live entertainment and other offerings. Its hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday through Sunday.
• If you can’t make it to the X Games in person, there’s always the flat-screen when it comes to watching this made-for-TV event. Details are available at http://xgames.espn.go.com.