Vonn admitted to hospital with undisclosed illness
November 12, 2012
VAIL, Colo. – Lindsey Vonn has been admitted to a hospital in Vail with an undisclosed illness.
Her spokesman, Lewis Kay, had no other updates on the U.S. skier’s condition Monday.
The four-time World Cup overall champion skipped a slalom competition in Finland last weekend to prepare for upcoming races in Aspen during the Thanksgiving weekend. She also had a promotional event lined up for last Friday in Vail, but had to cancel because she was sick.
Vonn recently requested to compete in a men’s downhill race, only to be rejected by the International Ski Federation. She was hoping to enter the men’s race Nov. 24 at Lake Louise, Alberta. Had she been allowed to compete against the men, Vonn would’ve missed the two races in Aspen because they take place the same weekend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen business owner crashes Maserati into truck in Colorado Springs, tries to flee on foot
- Wendy Mitchell: The backstory of Avalanche Cheese Co.’s pending closure
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Ryno’s owner, partner to open ‘mountain saloon’ in old Whiskey Rush space
- Tweet All About It: Even the coffee’s pricey in Aspen