Volleyball: Aspen falls in five to Gunnison
September 20, 2016
The Aspen High School volleyball team returned to the court Tuesday after nearly two weeks without playing, losing a five-set heartbreaker at Gunnison.
Gunnison (4-6) won the first set, 25-20, only to have the Skiers even the match with a 25-22 win in the second set. According to the Gunnison Country Times, Aspen lost the third set, 25-18, a set in which Skier coach Matt Bergdahl was ejected after a "heated" discussion. The Skiers responded with a 25-23 win in the fourth set, but Gunnison took the fifth and final set, 15-12, for the match win.
Aspen (2-2) is next scheduled to play at 3 p.m. Saturday at home against Grand Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Peach’s Cafe to expand, Aspen Brewing Co., Overeasy eyeing new homes
- AVSC skier Margo McHugh prepares for FIS competition with new grant in hand
- Willoughby: When Aspen bears had more food than entertainment value
- Aspen Club to refinance, site visits continue with city
- What’s the Big Deal: $11.25 million gets Castle Creek home outside of Aspen