Schoch, Neururer win in snowboarding
January 17, 2007
Aspen, CO Colorado
AROSA, Switzerland – Simon Schoch of Switzerland and Heidi Neururer of Austria won gold Wednesday in the parallel slalom at the Snowboarding World Championships.
Simon Schoch beat his brother Philipp in the men’s final, with Rok Flander of Slovenia coming third.
Austria swept the women’s medals, with Marion Kreiner finishing runner-up to Neururer and Doresia Krings beating the Netherlands’ Nicolien Sauerbreij to finish third.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Wendy Mitchell: The backstory of Avalanche Cheese Co.’s pending closure
- Ryno’s owner, partner to open ‘mountain saloon’ in old Whiskey Rush space
- Aspen business owner crashes Maserati into truck in Colorado Springs, tries to flee on foot
- Carbondale’s Town Restaurant to close
- Young farmers tackle problems to take root in Roaring Fork Valley