Lindsey Vonn to return to racing this weekend
January 11, 2017
VAIL — Lindsey Vonn announced Wednesday that she will make her return from injury this weekend at Altenmarkt-Zauchensee in Austria.
A downhill is scheduled for Saturday.
"Words cannot describe how excited I am to be returning to the slopes this week," Vonn told Eurosport. "It's been a tough three months with over 300 hours of rehabilitation but being able to go fast and compete again makes all of the hard work with it."
Vonn left Vail for Europe last weekend after training here for several days.
The Vail resident suffered an arm fracture Nov. 10 while training at Copper Mountain.
She had surgery in Vail following the accident.
Vonn has 76 World Cup wins. Her last World Cup race was Feb. 28. She crashed in a super-G in February in Andorra, fracturing her knee. She raced a combined the next day, but then announced that her season was over.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Carbondale robbery suspects arrested in Basalt, ending two-day manhunt
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Late drinking at Aspen club earns citation
- Aspen Times Weekly: ‘Mr. Potato Head’ airport heading for big changes
- Aspen Princess: An unfair attack on the brave Mitzi Rapkin