Lift hours get extended Saturday
February 14, 2014
A great ski season will become even sweeter Saturday when Aspen Skiing Co.'s extends hours at its four mountains.
Select chairs will start running until 4 p.m. At Aspen Mountain, the Silver Queen Gondola, Ajax Express and FIS lifts will run later. At Snowmass, the Elk Camp Gondola, Village Express and Big Burn lifts will operate until 4 p.m. At Aspen Highlands, the Exhibition lift will work overtime and at Buttermilk, skiers and riders can make extra turns off the Summit Express.
"Thanks to our collective good karma, we've been favored with sublime conditions all season and extended hours will give our guests more time to enjoy them each day," Rich Burkley, vice president, mountain operations, said in a prepared statement.
Skico's four ski areas have 100 percent of the inbounds, non-gated terrain open. That totals 5,547 acres. More than 200 inches of snow has fallen since Oct. 1 and all four ski areas have a base above average. The base at Highland Bowl is nearing 100 inches, according to Skico.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Judgment day looms for Aspen eatery Justice Snow’s
- Aspen Club to refinance, site visits continue with city
- Thanks for calling out Aspen’s Next Generation Advisory Committee
- AVSC skier Margo McHugh prepares for FIS competition with new grant in hand