Full-moon ski set in Crown Mountain Park
January 15, 2014
Crown Mountain Park in El Jebel will host a full-moon cross-country ski outing or stroll from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
Hot chocolate and cookies will be served at a fire pit next to the pavilion and restrooms on the western end of the park, which is located south of Highway 82, adjacent to the Eagle County government building. Well-behaved pets are welcomed at the event, according to the Crown Mountain staff.
There are 1.74 miles of set track for classic skiers and skate skiers. Participants without skis can stroll around the one-mile paved path.
Participants are advised to bring a headlamp or flashlight, dress warm and bring a blanket or chair, if desired, to sit around the fire pit.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says
- As baby boomers leave ski slopes, millennials are failing to fill in the gaps
- Justice Snow’s, city of Aspen in limbo
- Three generations of Aspen-Snowmass’ Stapleton family
- Giving back by giving time at the Aspen Thrift Shop