Aspen Leafs hockey team returns to ice after break
December 1, 2016
After a week off, the Aspen Leafs U20 hockey team returns to the ice this weekend with a two-game series against the Steamboat Wranglers.
Friday's 7:30 p.m. game will be played at the Glenwood Springs Recreation Center, while Saturday's 7 p.m. game will be played at the Aspen Ice Garden. It will be the Leafs first and only game at the Ice Garden this season.
Aspen went to its break second in the Rocky Mountain Junior Hockey League with an 8-7-1 record. Steamboat, in its first season of existence, is 5-9-1 entering the weekend. The teams have met four times this season — twice in Steamboat, twice in Aspen — with the Leafs holding a 3-0-1 record.
Aspen is still chasing the Pikes Peak Miners, which remains unbeaten at 18-0 entering Friday's game against the Colorado Rampage. The Rampage are 4-11 overall, with the Colorado Thunderbirds holding down last place in the RMJHL at 3-11.
The Leafs plays six games this month, four against Steamboat and two against the Thunderbirds.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- AVSC skier Margo McHugh prepares for FIS competition with new grant in hand
- Aspen Club to refinance, site visits continue with city
- Aspen artist Mulcahy to ask Supreme Court to hear housing case
- What’s the Big Deal: $11.25 million gets Castle Creek home outside of Aspen