Snowmass history: Mall makeover, musical chairs
May 17, 2017
"In neighboring Snowmass Village, part of the mall is getting a facelift," The Aspen Times wrote on May 15, 1986. "The first floor of the north side of the mall has been gutted and spaces are to be reapportioned for tenants." Per the article, the tenants played a little musical chairs action along with some new businesses joining the retail family. "La Maison d'Arts will move upstairs to space previously occupied by Short Sport. Short Sport, a children's shop, will move downstairs and expand to occupy La Maison's old space and Stein's Little Shop old space. Stein's Little Shop, a women's boutique, will move down the mall to the space formerly occupied by Mountain Charley's restaurant (which went out of business). Stein's Little Shop will then be located directly above its relative, Stein's ski rental shop. A new retailer will occupy space between Stein's Little Shop and Short Sport. The new occupant is currently negotiating with Shell Management Corp, managers of the mall space. Shell assistant manager Robin Richmond declined to say who the new tenant might be."
News from across the Web
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Snowmass
- Snowmass Village restaurant and retailers – spring offseason hours
- Marolt: What’s harder to predict, Snowmass’ Base Village ribbon-cutting ceremony or an economic collapse?
- Aspen Mountain to open for skiing and riding Memorial Day Weekend
- Snowmass history: Mall makeover, musical chairs
- Talking trash: Snowmass Village looks to future with recycling goals
- Aspen Mountain will open for skiing Memorial Day Weekend
- Nikos Hecht of Aspen cleared in federal civil suit alleging rape in Mexico
- Aspen senior breaks own state record, three-peats as 400-meter champion
- Hundreds brave chilly morning at Ride for the Pass
- Aspen’s Abarca wins first leg of triple crown, takes 3A 200-meter title