Snowmass Fire District memorial walk in honor of Sept. 11
September 12, 2017
About 50 members of the Snowmass community, including residents, firefighters and police officers, participated in the Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District's second annual 9/11 memorial walk Monday afternoon.
Beginning at 2 p.m., the fire district lead a climb from Town Park to the Top of the Village Condos, which is about the same elevation the members of the Fire Department of the City of New York made in the first tower of the World Trade Center.
"The idea is that we're simulating the same climb they made that day as a way of remembrance," Snowmass-Wildcat Fire Protection District Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Issel said Monday evening. "It's pretty emotional."
After the approximately 3-mile walk, the fire district hosted a barbecue at Town Park.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Snowmass
- Homeless men in Aspen found grilling lobster tail, lamb, salmon
- How to stay safe from the massive Equifax breach
- Plane crash north of Glenwood Springs kills family of four
- Fort Collins family killed in plane crash north of Glenwood Springs identified
- Glenn K. Beaton: Like herpes, Hillary Clinton just won’t go away