Man dies from apparent fall at Base Village Parking Garage
March 12, 2017
A 24-year-old man died Friday night after an apparent fall at the Base Village Parking Garage in Snowmass Village.
Angelo Mowery was found laying in the Carriage Way exit of the garage around 8 p.m., according to the Snowmass Village Police Department. Emergency responders said Mowery was unresponsive and appeared to have traumatic injuries consistent with a fall from 30 feet above.
According to Mowery’s Facebook page, he was originally from New Jersey and had most recently been living in Denver.
Mowery was transported to Aspen Valley Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The Snowmass Village Police Department and the Pitkin County Coroner are investigating the death, though no foul play is suspected.
Anyone who was with, or may have seen Mowery on Friday, is asked to call the Snowmass Village Police Department at 970-923-5330.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Snowmass
- Cops: Politics leads to violent threat at Snowmass restaurant
- Alleged haraser played role in spring racist incident
- Town of Snowmass opts out of state law by banning e-bikes on trails
- Remembering Snowmass’ Mary Beth Blake
- Construction underway for Skico’s on-mountain adventure center, Lost Forest, at Snowmass
- Deputy: Loose boulder caused Capitol Peak climber’s fall, death
- Man arrested after claiming to be former NFL player
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Grieving mom wants Aspen to confront youth drug addiction
- David Perry leaving Aspen Skiing Co. for new affiliated ski conglomerate