Snowmass Tourism appoints Alan Palmer to group sales director
January 11, 2017
Snowmass Tourism announced Thursday the appointment of Alan Palmer as group sales director.
The newest member of Snowmass' marketing team boasts 30 years of experience in the hospitality industry and at ski resorts, according to a statement from Snowmass Tourism.
Most recently, Palmer worked as director of group sales at the five-star Rancho Valencia Resort in San Diego.
In addition to overseeing group sales, catering and conference services at his previous role, Palmer worked with regional corporate, legal and financial groups to drive business to the property.
Prior to his tenure at Rancho Valencia, Palmer spent 18 years in Colorado promoting group sales within the ski resort industry.
"We are thrilled to bring Alan on board as the new group sales director at Snowmass Tourism," Snowmass Tourism Director Rose Abello said. in a statement. "Alan's wealth of experience in the ski and hospitality industries, not to mention his experience with the leisure travel and the tour operator market, make him a wonderful addition to our group sales team."
News from across the Web
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Snowmass
- Snowmass Village restaurant and retailers – spring offseason hours
- Marolt: What’s harder to predict, Snowmass’ Base Village ribbon-cutting ceremony or an economic collapse?
- Aspen Mountain to open for skiing and riding Memorial Day Weekend
- Talking trash: Snowmass Village looks to future with recycling goals
- Snowmass history: Mall makeover, musical chairs
- Nikos Hecht of Aspen cleared in federal civil suit alleging rape in Mexico
- Hundreds brave chilly morning at Ride for the Pass
- Aspen senior breaks own state record, three-peats as 400-meter champion
- Aspen’s Abarca wins first leg of triple crown, takes 3A 200-meter title
- Since Trump denies climate change, local government officials meet in Aspen to vow action