Woman injured in equestrian accident in Old Snowmass
September 6, 2014
A 70-year-old woman was transported to an area hospital Thursday after she fell off the horse she was riding and into a ditch and then had the horse fall on top of her, according to a Basalt Fire Department official.
The initial call to the Fire Department at about 11 a.m. said the woman suffered traumatic injuries and that the horse was still on top of her. The incident occurred at Lazy O Subdivision in Old Snowmass.
Division Chief Richard Cornelius said people at the scene were able to get the horse off of the woman and out of the ditch before an ambulance crew and other responders arrived.
The woman suffered rib injuries from the horse falling on her, Cornelius said. The ambulance was able to drive up to her location and provide aid before transporting her to the hospital. The woman's name wasn't released because of federal privacy laws.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Regional
- Basalt pedestrian underpass work now ahead of schedule
- Man who died after fleeing Steamboat police drowned
- One teen dead, five injured in crash near Carbondale
- Pamela Phillips, former Aspen socialite, on trial in businessman’s car bomb killing
- Whiteout, Part 1: Uncovering the human toll of Colorado’s secretive ski industry