Menconi running for seat in Senate
January 17, 2016
Arn Menconi of Carbondale announced his candidacy for the U.S. Senate as a member of the Green Party today in Denver. Menconi served two terms as an Eagle County commissioner from 2001 to 2009.
Menconi also founded the Snowboard Outreach Society, now known as SOS Outreach, in 1993 as a grassroots nonprofit to provide funding and activities for youth at risk. Menconi was born and raised in the Chicago area and graduated from DePaul University in Chicago. He moved to Colorado in 1991, received a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Denver in 1996 and is a certified snowboard instructor.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Regional
- Woman says Mountain Rescue Aspen helped save her after stricken by HACE
- Whiteout, Part 1: Uncovering the human toll of Colorado’s secretive ski industry
- Aspen area’s Elk Mountains are in a league of their own for risk
- Deadly climbing season spurs safety plans by Mountain Rescue Aspen, sheriff
- RFTA’s draft budget proposes holding the line on valley’s bus fares in 2018
- Aspen business owner crashes Maserati into truck in Colorado Springs, tries to flee on foot
- Aspen’s 20-year-old error leads to more development on Buttermilk parcel
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- ‘Hyperloop One’ rail concept could cut Denver-to-Vail trip to 9 minutes
- 27-unit housing project in Basalt will house teachers, workers in Pitkin County