Maroon Creek Road bike-crash victim ID’d as Henry ‘Hank’ Vosbein from New Orleans
September 16, 2013
A man who died in a bicycling crash on Maroon Creek Road on Sunday was identified Monday by the Pitkin County Coroner's Office as Henry "Hank" Vosbein, 74, of New Orleans. A statement from the Corner's Office said Vosbein died of "multiple injuries."
The Pitkin County Sheriff's Office reported Sunday that the cyclist was descending near mile marker 9 in the area of Stein's Meadow when he ran off the right side of the road and was thrown 10 to 15 feet onto "rough terrain." The accident was reported to authorities at 12:25 p.m. Vosbein was taken to Aspen Valley Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. No cause of the crash was reported by authorities. Vosbein was riding with friends and family when the accident occurred.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Regional
- Woman says Mountain Rescue Aspen helped save her after stricken by HACE
- Deadly climbing season spurs safety plans by Mountain Rescue Aspen, sheriff
- RFTA’s draft budget proposes holding the line on valley’s bus fares in 2018
- 68-year-old hiker dies on popular hike between Aspen and Crested Butte
- Pamela Phillips, former Aspen socialite, on trial in businessman’s car bomb killing
- Aspen business owner crashes Maserati into truck in Colorado Springs, tries to flee on foot
- Wendy Mitchell: The backstory of Avalanche Cheese Co.’s pending closure
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Tweet All About It: Even the coffee’s pricey in Aspen
- Bank eyes Main St. building in Aspen for lodge rooms