Have coffee with a midvalley cop Wednesday (they’ll pay)
September 19, 2016
Basalt Police Chief Greg Knott and Eagle County Sheriff James Van Beek are inviting midvalley residents to come to Starbucks in Willits Town Center on Wednesday morning to have coffee with a cop.
The two top cops as well as some of the sheriff's deputies and the chief's officers will be at the gathering from 7 to 9 a.m. The Colorado State Patrol also will be represented. The coffee is on the cops' dime.
People are welcome to meet the law enforcement officials, ask questions and learn more about the work of the agencies.
"There is no agenda for the event or presentations, just an opportunity to ask questions, voice concerns and get to know your local law enforcement officials," said a flier for the event. "The program aims to advance communication by improving relationships between law enforcement and our community members — one cup of coffee at a time."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Regional
- RFTA’s draft budget proposes holding the line on valley’s bus fares in 2018
- Woman says Mountain Rescue Aspen helped save her after stricken by HACE
- Aspen area’s Elk Mountains are in a league of their own for risk
- Deadly climbing season spurs safety plans by Mountain Rescue Aspen, sheriff
- Aspen offers a way out for addicts of heroin, other drugs