Have coffee with a midvalley cop Wednesday (they’ll pay)
September 19, 2016
Basalt Police Chief Greg Knott and Eagle County Sheriff James Van Beek are inviting midvalley residents to come to Starbucks in Willits Town Center on Wednesday morning to have coffee with a cop.
The two top cops as well as some of the sheriff’s deputies and the chief’s officers will be at the gathering from 7 to 9 a.m. The Colorado State Patrol also will be represented. The coffee is on the cops’ dime.
People are welcome to meet the law enforcement officials, ask questions and learn more about the work of the agencies.
“There is no agenda for the event or presentations, just an opportunity to ask questions, voice concerns and get to know your local law enforcement officials,” said a flier for the event. “The program aims to advance communication by improving relationships between law enforcement and our community members — one cup of coffee at a time.”
Trending In: Regional
- Basalt Police Department earns rare Colorado accreditation
- Man and daughter escape serious injury after harrowing accident with semi on Highway 82 at El Jebel
- 3 accidents involving 8 vehicles swamp Basalt Monday; one woman seriously injured
- Vail council rejects housing, hotel plan, then asks developer to return in two weeks
- As Aspen’s backcountry ski conditions improve, avalanche risk increases
- A new era in a historic space: Plans for Aspen’s former Main Street Bakery building
- West End rental scam targets particular Aspen home
- UPDATE: Denver man found dead at Breckenridge Ski Resort Friday, Jan. 13
- Basalt burglary suspect turns himself in, bonds out of Eagle County Jail
- Burglars pry open Aspen bakery’s safe, steal cash