Have coffee with a midvalley cop Wednesday (they’ll pay)
September 19, 2016
Basalt Police Chief Greg Knott and Eagle County Sheriff James Van Beek are inviting midvalley residents to come to Starbucks in Willits Town Center on Wednesday morning to have coffee with a cop.
The two top cops as well as some of the sheriff’s deputies and the chief’s officers will be at the gathering from 7 to 9 a.m. The Colorado State Patrol also will be represented. The coffee is on the cops’ dime.
People are welcome to meet the law enforcement officials, ask questions and learn more about the work of the agencies.
“There is no agenda for the event or presentations, just an opportunity to ask questions, voice concerns and get to know your local law enforcement officials,” said a flier for the event. “The program aims to advance communication by improving relationships between law enforcement and our community members — one cup of coffee at a time.”
Trending In: Regional
- Basalt cops, state patrol mount special effort to get motorists’ attention on Highway 82
- Winter storm triggers avalanche warning for Aspen, much of Central Mountains
- Veteran firefighter Bill Harding recalls battling big blazes in Glenwood Springs and fire prevention in Basalt
- Basalt Police Department earns rare Colorado accreditation
- Man and daughter escape serious injury after harrowing accident with semi on Highway 82 at El Jebel
- Beaton: Thelma and Louise and the Democrats
- Aspen city spokeswoman gets political, takes on Sen. Cory Gardner
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk
- Snowboarders caught in avalanche, fight off moose near Aspen
- Five of Aspen’s best backcountry skiers discuss their motivations, the fear factor and what’s next