Basalt agencies sponsor ‘Night Out’
August 4, 2014
The Basalt police and fire departments are teaming to participate in the 31st annual National Night Out on Tuesday.
The gathering will be held in Lions Park in downtown Basalt from 5 to 8 p.m. The Basalt Lions Club will provide a free barbecue. Participants will get a chance to meet their police and fire personnel.
National Night Out is a program where fire and police departments stand together to promote awareness and safety and to strengthen community partnerships. The event showcases the vital importance of community partnerships and citizen involvement in making communities safer.
This is the first time the Basalt agencies have participated. They are asking midvalley residents to join them to “give crime and hazardous conditions a going away party.”
Anyone with questions about the event can contact Basalt Police Chief Greg Knott at 927-4316.
Trending In: Regional
- Aspen, rest of Colorado ski resorts make the best of dry fall
- Aspen rescue still vivid in veteran’s memories
- Snowmass Village police chief had extra motivation for rescue of boys on steep hillside
- 23 residents get glimpse of police work, graduate from Basalt Citizens’ Police Academy
- Beaver Creek instructors are working to unionize
- Restaurant industry vets ready to open Free Range Kitchen and Wine Bar in Basalt
- Aspen officers, passersby thwart attempted suicide from bridge
- Lawsuit: Hecht lawyers secretly aired deposition
- Snowmass man hit with negligent skiing lawsuit
- Construction starts Tuesday on 56-unit, affordable housing project in Basalt