Basalt agencies sponsor ‘Night Out’
August 4, 2014
The Basalt police and fire departments are teaming to participate in the 31st annual National Night Out on Tuesday.
The gathering will be held in Lions Park in downtown Basalt from 5 to 8 p.m. The Basalt Lions Club will provide a free barbecue. Participants will get a chance to meet their police and fire personnel.
National Night Out is a program where fire and police departments stand together to promote awareness and safety and to strengthen community partnerships. The event showcases the vital importance of community partnerships and citizen involvement in making communities safer.
This is the first time the Basalt agencies have participated. They are asking midvalley residents to join them to "give crime and hazardous conditions a going away party."
Anyone with questions about the event can contact Basalt Police Chief Greg Knott at 927-4316.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Regional
- Bad idea: Car backs into lake at Aspen Ideas Festival
- Eagle County commissioners approve Tree Farm project in El Jebel despite threat of litigation
- Woman admits driving into Aspen pond, then crashing hotel van
- Aspen officials propose ‘mobility lab’ to alleviate traffic issues
- Glenn K. Beaton: Don’t fall for the college scam