Arrests made in Pitkin County Pfister homicide
April 2, 2014
The Pitkin County Sheriff's office made two arrests Monday related to the homicide of Nancy Pfister.
William F. Styler III, age 65, and Nancy Christine Styler, age 62, were arrested at the Aspenalt Lodge in Basalt, Colorado without incident at approximately 5:10 p.m. They are in custody at the Pitkin County Jail and are being held without bond.
The Stylers have been charged with Murder in the First Degree, a class 1 felony, and Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Murder, a class 2 felony.
The Stylers are formerly from Castle Rock, Colo. and moved to Aspen during the fall of 2013, where they rented Pfister's home at 1833 West Buttermilk Road.
Although two arrests have been made related to this case, an investigation into the events that transpired will continue, the sheriff's office said. The following agencies have assisted and will continue to assist with the Pitkin County Sheriff's Office ongoing investigation: Aspen Police Department, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Basalt Police Department, Garfield County Sheriff's Office, 9th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Carbondale Police Department and Pitkin County Coroner.
Due to the ongoing investigation court documents will remain sealed.
This story will be updated as information becomes available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Regional
- Glenn Beaton: Aspen City Council to the people: Shut up
- Sheriff benches Mountain Rescue Aspen president
- Top U.S. military commander at Aspen Security: potential conflict with North Korea would be ‘horrific’ loss of life
- Longtime Aspen cop to run against DiSalvo for sheriff next year
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat female bartender to death at closing time