Arrests made in Pitkin County Pfister homicide
April 2, 2014
The Pitkin County Sheriff's office made two arrests Monday related to the homicide of Nancy Pfister.
William F. Styler III, age 65, and Nancy Christine Styler, age 62, were arrested at the Aspenalt Lodge in Basalt, Colorado without incident at approximately 5:10 p.m. They are in custody at the Pitkin County Jail and are being held without bond.
The Stylers have been charged with Murder in the First Degree, a class 1 felony, and Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Murder, a class 2 felony.
The Stylers are formerly from Castle Rock, Colo. and moved to Aspen during the fall of 2013, where they rented Pfister's home at 1833 West Buttermilk Road.
Although two arrests have been made related to this case, an investigation into the events that transpired will continue, the sheriff's office said. The following agencies have assisted and will continue to assist with the Pitkin County Sheriff's Office ongoing investigation: Aspen Police Department, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Basalt Police Department, Garfield County Sheriff's Office, 9th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Carbondale Police Department and Pitkin County Coroner.
Due to the ongoing investigation court documents will remain sealed.
This story will be updated as information becomes available.
Trending In: Regional
- Basalt cops, state patrol mount special effort to get motorists’ attention on Highway 82
- Winter storm triggers avalanche warning for Aspen, much of Central Mountains
- Veteran firefighter Bill Harding recalls battling big blazes in Glenwood Springs and fire prevention in Basalt
- Man and daughter escape serious injury after harrowing accident with semi on Highway 82 at El Jebel
- 3 accidents involving 8 vehicles swamp Basalt Monday; one woman seriously injured
- Beaton: Thelma and Louise and the Democrats
- Breaking news: Suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery eluding capture so far today in Basalt-area manhunt
- Aspen city spokeswoman gets political, takes on Sen. Cory Gardner
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk
- Snowboarders caught in avalanche, fight off moose near Aspen