On The Hill: X-games is over and the mountains are empty again in Aspen.
January 29, 2014
Aspen official report: No new snow but a storm is forcasted toward the end of the week.
Aspen Times field report: Much of the mountain remains fairly bullet proof but is riding fast and fun.
Liftline status: No liftlines and solo buckets.
Breakdown: With the X Games over the crowds have left and the mountain is wide open again with very mimimal crowds. The staff at skico have done a great job maintaining the groomers while the bumps remain solid and not really all that fun. Stick to the grromers and enjoy the freedom of having the mountain relatively to yourself.
Snowcast: NOAA forecasts that there is a chance of snow today and again on Wednesday and Thursday. Nothing significant is expected but with January, typically the dryest month of the winter, ending the storms will hopefully start lining up again soon.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Aspen home part of court order in race car driver fraud case
- Witnesses, friends dispute Snowmass skier-collision lawsuit
- Leashes advised for dogs on popular Basalt trail after coyote attack
- Aspen officers, passersby thwart attempted suicide from bridge
- Former Pitkin County Commissioner Fred Crowley dies