On The Hill: Windy up top, storms on the horizon
February 19, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondents Amanda Rae and Corby Anderson deliver their daily video conditions report live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 3″ in the past week.
Aspen Times field report:Windy at the summit; granular packed powder, groomers are fast! Storms are expected to roll through this afternoon to drop at least a couple inches overnight.
Liftline status: Easy breezy on hump day.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning through Friday at noon. Rain and snow showers, beginning after 3pm. Some thunder is also possible. High near 44. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Skiers Repent! The end (of the ski season) is upon us!
- On the Hill: Camping at Lincoln Creek near Aspen
- On The Hill: Ski right up to an Aspen mountaintop party and wish Rad Max a happy birthday!
- The bumpy, bouncy, muddy, messy glory of Lincoln Creek Road
- #AspenOnTheHill – biking the new Buttermilk Connector Trail