On The Hill: Thigh high salute!
February 1, 2014
Aspen official report: 20″ of snow in the past 24 hours. 20″ of new snow in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: EPIC POWDER DAY! 20″ is conservative, actually. There is easilly 24-30″ of new powder since Wednesday night. Aspen Mountian is thigh deep everywhere. People are crashing all over the place, loosing skis, trying to figure out how to ski snow this deep. Carnage!
Liftline status: Less than five minute wait.
Breakdown: SICK! SICK! SICK! SIIIIIIIIIICK! Biggest powder day in YEARS! Stay away from the backcountry. Be safe, ski hard!
Snowcast: Winter storm warning through Saturday morning. Up to another foot of snow is possible today and tonight. Snow chain law is in effect in Snowmass.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Carbondale robbery suspects arrested in Basalt, ending two-day manhunt
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Late drinking at Aspen club earns citation
- Aspen Times Weekly: ‘Mr. Potato Head’ airport heading for big changes
- Aspen Princess: An unfair attack on the brave Mitzi Rapkin