On The Hill: SUPER nice conditions on Aspen Mountain
Ryan Summerlin January 22, 2014
Aspen official report: No new snow overnight. 15″ in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: It’s true. There is no new snow. BUT, there is a storm on the horizon. Like clockwork, with the X Games comes snow. Expect some flurries on Thursday and Friday. Until then, carve up the sunny slopes!
Liftline status: No liftlines and solo buckets.
Breakdown: It’s warm out there! Temps in the low 40’s mean nice chalky snow, even in the shadows! Hardly anyone on the hill this Monday, so shake off that Super hangover and get out there. You’ll have the mountains all to yourself.
Snowcast: Sunny with high’s in the upper 30’s or lower 40’s until Thursday, then we dip back into the 20’s and NOAA predicts that we might get some accumulation out of the storm Thursday and Friday.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- #AspenOnTheHill – Sterling Cooper Trail
- The bumpy, bouncy, muddy, messy glory of Lincoln Creek Road
- On The Hill: Skiers Repent! The end (of the ski season) is upon us!
- #AspenOnTheHill – Maroon Creek Trail hike
- On The Hill: 12" new snow and bluebird on Aspen Mountain! Get out before it turns to mashed potatoes.