On The Hill: Sunscreen is a very good idea
January 23, 2014
Aspen official report: 0″ new snow in the past 24 hours or the past week.
Aspen Times field report: A little slick at the top of Ajax in the shadows. Hard pack will soften up as the day goes on..
Liftline status: No liftlines and solo buckets.
Breakdown: Great day to run groomers on Aspen Mountain. Warmer conditions and a blue sky day is making for another beautiful day on the hill!
Snowcast: NOAA is forecasting a weak storm to move into the area tonight, with clouds increasing and possible flurries tonight and tomorrow. Temps will drop into the low to mid 20’s again tomorrow. There are no significant storms forecast for the next 10 days.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Beaton: Thelma and Louise and the Democrats
- Snowboarders caught in avalanche, fight off moose near Aspen
- President Trump shrine materializes in obscure nook on Aspen Mountain
- Five of Aspen’s best backcountry skiers discuss their motivations, the fear factor and what’s next
- Carbondale police name suspects in armed robbery