On The Hill: Sunny and clear today, more snow tomorrow
March 15, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
FRIDAY, MARCH 14, 2014
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 20″ in the past week. Mostly sunny, highs 40-45, wind NE 5-10mph, packed powder/springlike.
Aspen Times field report: Sunny and clear, mild, packed powder, groomers for miles. Wear suncreen, looks like it’s gonna be a scorcher.
Liftline status: No lines.
Snowcast: Tonight: 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 5am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Saturday: 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible, according to the National Weather Service. However, Aspen Skiing Company predicts 2-4 inches of snow on Saturday.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Ski right up to an Aspen mountaintop party and wish Rad Max a happy birthday!
- The bumpy, bouncy, muddy, messy glory of Lincoln Creek Road
- #AspenOnTheHill – biking the new Buttermilk Connector Trail
- Cruising on "The Strand" in Hermosa Beach
- #AspenOnTheHill July 15th- Klunkin’ with Mark Johnson
- Beaton: Thelma and Louise and the Democrats
- Aspen city spokeswoman gets political, takes on Sen. Cory Gardner
- Snowboarder seriously injured at Buttermilk
- Snowboarders caught in avalanche, fight off moose near Aspen
- Five of Aspen’s best backcountry skiers discuss their motivations, the fear factor and what’s next