On The Hill: Seek trees! Groomers will turn soft with temps as high as 50
March 8, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
THURSDAY, MARCH 6, 2014
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 4″ in the past 48 hours, and 18″ in the past week. Partly cloudy, wind 10-20mph, highs 35-50, packed powder.
Aspen Times field report: Partly sunny and warm, with packed powder already softening up. Lots of groomers, some fluff still among the trees. Clouds rolling in…THINK SNOW!
Liftline status: The weekend rush begins–town is bustling–but lines ain’t bad.
Snowcast: 60% chance of rain and snow showers before 10pm, then snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Southwest wind around 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible. Tomorrow: 80% chance of snow showers. High near 37. Northwest wind around 5 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Woman admits driving into Aspen pond, then crashing hotel van
- Eagle County commissioners approve Tree Farm project in El Jebel despite threat of litigation
- Bad idea: Car backs into lake at Aspen Ideas Festival
- Aspen officials propose ‘mobility lab’ to alleviate traffic issues
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle off Interstate 70