On The Hill: POWDER DAY in Fog City on Aspen Mountain
March 8, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
FRIDAY, MARCH 7, 2014
Aspen official report: 3″ of new snow overnight, 3″ in the past 48 hours, and 19″ in the past week. SNOW, wind 5-10mph, highs 30s, powder/packed powder.
Aspen Times field report: Powder Day! Icy, wet snow with accumulation of a few inches already by 9:30am. Super foggy, slightly windy, warm, and humid. Ditch your layers, but wear a face mask.
Liftline status: Wintry weather like this weeds out the weaklings: Not bad at all.
Snowcast: Snow showers. High near 39. North northwest wind around 10 mph. Winter Weather Advisory until 8 pm. Tonight: 50 percent chance of snow showers, mostly cloudy, low around 17. North wind 5 to 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible, says the National Weather Service, but what do they know? A few inches already on top of Aspen Mountain.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- #AspenOnTheHill – biking the new Buttermilk Connector Trail
- On The Hill: Ski right up to an Aspen mountaintop party and wish Rad Max a happy birthday!
- The bumpy, bouncy, muddy, messy glory of Lincoln Creek Road
- #AspenOnTheHill – Bluebird perfection
- #AspenOnTheHill reports from the Jerry Garcia shrine – Wed, April 6