On The Hill: Overcast skies and sugary snow draw no crowds
February 25, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 6″ in the past week. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Wind around 5 mph.
Aspen Times field report: Patches of sunshine among cloudy skies, breezy, 29° up top, packed, granular snow with patches of crust underneath.
Liftline status: No lines
Snowcast: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43°. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. 20% chance of precipitation after 4 p.m. Tonight: 40% chance of rain and snow before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24°. West wind 5 to 10 mph. We may see a small storm roll in on Thursday.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- #AspenOnTheHill – Tuesday, December 6th on Aspen Mountain
- #AspenOnTheHill – Saturday on Aspen Mountain
- On The Hill: 12" new snow and bluebird on Aspen Mountain! Get out before it turns to mashed potatoes.
- On The Hill: Examining the "snirt" effect
- On The Hill: Raucous debauchery and other scenes from the Highlands Closing Party
- Restaurant industry vets ready to open Free Range Kitchen and Wine Bar in Basalt
- Lawsuit: Hecht lawyers secretly aired deposition
- Construction starts Tuesday on 56-unit, affordable housing project in Basalt
- Mountain Naturals health food store in Aspen Business Center to close after 21 years
- Aspen pot receipt leads to theft arrest