On The Hill: On busy days, 1A is the way to go
February 18, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Corby Anderson delivers his daily video conditions report almost live from Aspen Mountain.
Aspen official report: 0″ of new snow overnight, 0″ in the past 48 hours, and 10″ in the past week.
Aspen Times field report: The snow is getting to be variably slushie and icy with all of this warm moisture in the air. Starting to feel like spring out there!
Liftline status: Gnarly. It’s Presidents Day weekend. Plan accordingly. (1A, for example!)
Breakdown: Warm air, snow melting and re-freezing making for challenging turns, lots of visitors. Kind of a meh day on the hill.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for our area through Monday afternoon. Up to several inches of snow is expected. However, those bastards have been wrong before. Take yesterday, for example.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Snowboarders caught in avalanche, fight off moose near Aspen
- President Trump shrine materializes in obscure nook on Aspen Mountain
- Basalt cops, state patrol mount special effort to get motorists’ attention on Highway 82
- Avalanche that killed Routt County man stretched 880 feet
- Gorsuch Haus developers eye new zone, lower heights