On The Hill: JACKPOT! 4 inches of fresh pow plus pure sunshine on Aspen Mountain
March 5, 2014
VIDEO: Aspen Times mountain correspondent Amanda Rae delivers her daily video conditions report almost-live from Aspen Mountain.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5, 2014
Aspen official report: 4″ of new snow overnight, 4″ in the past 48 hours, and 18″ in the past week. Sunny, high 25-40, wind 10-20mph.
Aspen Times field report: Boot-deep fresh powder and sunny, 25° up top this morning, low clouds.
Liftline status: No lines
Snowcast: None expected today. Tomorrow: 20% chance of rain showers after 4pm. Thursday Night: chance of rain and snow before 11pm, then a 50% chance of snow. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Serving Aspen and Snowmass Village, CO
On the Hill Winter 2012-13 documented 150 straight days of ski conditions in Colorado’s High Country.
Trending In: On The Hill
- On The Hill: Examining the "snirt" effect
- On The Hill: Ski right up to an Aspen mountaintop party and wish Rad Max a happy birthday!
- On The Hill: Take a long strange trip through the Jerry Garcia shrine
- On The Hill: Waiting for new snow to fall? Take some hot laps in an ice kart
- On The Hill: Windy up top, storms on the horizon